Guildy Pleasures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Guildy Pleasures

A WOW guild based in Portland, Oregon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deathknights and you!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rekwon
Admin

Deathknights and you! Empty
PostSubject: Deathknights and you!   Deathknights and you! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 pm

This will be the thread in which we will discuss all death knight related questions. Any speccs, suggestions, or craaaazy questions you have post here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://guildypleasures.board-directory.net
Rekwon
Admin

Deathknights and you! Empty
PostSubject: Frost 2H build - Specc , Gearing, and Rotation oh my!   Deathknights and you! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Oh hai thur. So, yoooou want to run frost 2h. Well, let me be the first to say that it is ridiculous fantastico! However, its veeeery finicky. With just a few missed points in your specc, or a few numbers off on your gear you can plummet your DPS to next to nothing.

SO! Lets talk about specc first. This specc is currently the top raid specc for frost 2H.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=2305020530000000000000000000323050503520030123000031013510000000000000000000000000000000&glyph=131703040506&version=10192

A couple of things to note -

Q) Ezra, I don't have any cool survivability talents, why not?
A) Because, you are DPS. That's the rule. You are DPS and its a benefit to the whole group that you bring your very best! Dual specc was put in the game for just this occasion and SO pick up dual specc and make that wonderful second specc either tanky or pvp. Realize that if you want to be frost DPS you have to have super strong synergy in your build. Them's the breaks!

Q) Ezra, why dont I get to go into unholy for improved ghoul and all that cool disease stuff?
A) Well billy that's because unlike most DK's you are almost entirely cutting the unholy tree out of your build! Plague strike? GONE! Death & Decay? EVEN GONER! Death Coil!? *ahem* Neva existed! Its true! You will form this point remove those abilities from your bar!! You are a straight up melee machine (who uses spells ala icy touch machine gun >Very Happy)

Q) Ezra, are my glyphs absolutely important?
A) Yes...... yes... yes, yes, yes, yes...... did I mention yes? Well, your majors anyhoo. Your majors MUST be Glyph of Froststrike, Glyph of Icy Touch, and Glyph of Blood Strike remember when we talked about those few elements that will make or break you? Well here they is.

Gear -

Ah gear, the fun fun part of the DK. The Death Knight much like any melee focused class is extremely reliant on gear. There are a couple of things that are an absolute necessity first and foremost.

1) You must be hit capped. If your not hitting the mob, your not doing damage. Until you are hit capped which in the numbers world is a hit rating of 262.32 or 8% (again we do have spells and the spell hit cap is 13% :Pm you can go a little over 8% and not worry to much but don't try and push to spell cap, just not worth it) you should be doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and breathing your hit. Gems, enchants and gear pieces with hit on them until your eyes bleed.

2) Expertise! Aaaah expertise. The second of our required stats. This is important because now that your hitting the mob now you have to be canny enough to not let them dodge. SO! numbers - a rating of 26 or 6.5% is the required rating to assure that any mob you will be fighting will not dodge your attacks. Same rule as hit here, once your hit capped comfortably you then begin working on your expertise cap!, gemming, enchants, blah blah blah.

3) Laaaast but not least. Ok, I'm going to be frank with you here. You have to take your gearing seriously as a dps. I'm not saying invest a million hours into every craftable. But if you are dps, make sure that every piece of gear on your character is a dps piece with strength on it (no real plate pieces with AGI anyhoo, stick with plate at all times) It is a requirement for you to do your job (bring the deeps) that you go into dungeons with all of the correct gear on. Again, this goes back to specc and why its important for you to make sure everything is in order.

Rotation -

Yknow I was going to talk about rotation but I think I'm going to save it. Take this beast for a whirl, see how she handles, and once you've had a chance to get your feet wet well work on refining your rotation. Just remember! Frost Strike / Obliterate (when Howling blast isn't up) Icy Touch , Blood Strike = Good Plague Strike, Death Coil, Death and Decay = BAD!

Aaaaalright, well that's enough ranting for me. If you have any questions look me up in game and I will be supa happy to help out! Cya in Azeroth! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://guildypleasures.board-directory.net

Deathknights and you!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guildy Pleasures :: WoW Stuff :: DPS Classes-
Jump to: